1117 Summit Trail
This stunning 7 bedroom custom single-family home has an ideal layout and endless views from every window. Gaze onto the Sawatch Range to New York Mountain or Mount Jackson and enjoy Castle Peak, Horse Mtn and the Flat Tops including from the back patios and decks. Located on the 8th hole of the Summit Course and only 2 minutes from the Summit Clubhouse, the location provides convenience, privacy, and infinite natural beauty.
When you guests arrive at this incredible residence they walk up not a single stair to your front door and enter into the main living level to a beautiful open layout residence with views in every direction both to the Sawatch Range and to Castle Peak. With a gorgeous living space inside and out on this level, family and friends are sure to hang out in the kitchen and deck area overlooking one of the most beautiful golf courses in the world. The main level is also home to the luxurious master suite wing that starts with a separate sitting area and office with private balconies on either side. The master bedroom has sweeping views of castle peak and the Summit Golf Course, a private balcony that is perfect for taking in an evening cocktail to watch the sunset or a morning coffee. The grand master bathroom an exquisite European shower at the center with a jetted tub overlooking incredible views, an enormous walk-in closet and dual water closets all round out the amenities of the master suite that make it a relaxing retreat within the residence.
Stroll down the grand staircase to the lower level where there are a guest master bedroom and four spacious en-suite guest bedrooms. At the center of the level are the custom bar, wine room, and the two sitting area family room, one around the hearth and one around the television. Step outside on the patio overlooking Castle Peak and the golf course and take a dip in the hot tub overlooking it all.
Located strategically proximate to the garage and the kitchen, yet far from everything else is the caretaker or nanny apartment. Whether it is a caretaker or a guest, all will feel they reside in a little slice of heaven in this wonderful spacious suite that includes a sub-zero mini fridge and microwave and small kitchenette area. There is no bedroom or living space in this home that lacks views and this area is no exception, breathtaking views abound throughout.
The oversized three-car garage well lighted with multiple windows are located right where it should be, close to the kitchen. This is truly a thoughtful, well-designed and gorgeous home.
Virtual Matterport Walkthrough
- Front door enters on this level
- The layout is open with vaulted ceilings
- The large stone gas fireplace is two sided for the living room and the dining area to both enjoy
- There is a large deck off the dining area and kitchen that has great outdoor dining and living space as well as the perfect location for the gas grill
- This level has terraces on both sides to take in the gorgeous views of the Sawatch Range and Castle Peak.
- Main Level master suite:
- a private study and sitting area with two terraces on either side.
- spacious bedroom with lofted ceilings and huge picture windows overlooking the golf course fairway and the mountains.
- The terrace off the master bedroom is perfect for evening nightcaps watching the sunset or early morning coffee.
- Spacious master bathroom with a large central European shower, soaking jetted tub with incredible views outside, separate dual commode and vanity areas, and a huge walk-in closet with washer and dryer.
- Chef’s kitchen
- Honed granite countertops and X cabinets
- 6 burner gas Wolf stove with skillet and dual ovens and Decor hood system
- Subzero refrigerator freezer
- Granite farm sink with Grohe faucet
- Two Asko dishwashers
- Walk-in custom pantry
- Game room and movie area (foosball table leather): surround sound.
- 6-person custom bar with built in stools:
- Temperature controlled wine room (approximately 170 bottles)
- Game table
- Stone moss rock gas fireplace with carved tree mantle
- Beautiful patio and hot tub area just outside the family room/bar area with great golf course views near the 8th hole tee boxes and looking out towards Castle Peak
- Family Room (central to all guest bedrooms):
- Sink with disposal
- Ice maker
- Beverage center
- Granite countertops
- Stainless steel artistic shaped sink
- Teardrop lights
- 2 en-suite guest bedrooms on the East side of the lower level
- Southwest guest master with huge views of Castle Peak.
- One “captain’s: bunk room (lower is a queen upper is a twin)
- One king size bedroom
- Northwest wing of bedrooms has two guest en suite bedrooms:
- Laundry room: granite, custom cabinets including hanging area and sink.
- Grand curved staircase leads to family room and bar area on the lower level and there is an additional staircase on the opposite wing of the house for convenient access of guests to the Kitchen and the garage areas
- Caretaker’s, nanny, or mother-in-law suite
- Located privately in a separate wing of the home above the 3-car garage and with great access to the kitchen and garage
- Living room with wonderful views and a kitchenette has a microwave, Asko dishwasher, Sub-Zero mini fridge, sink, and granite countertops
- Full-size bathroom
- Spacious bedroom with great views and large closet
- Distance to some key locations
- Less than 2 miles to Summit Athletic Center
- Approximately ½ a mile to the Summit Golf Club
- About 2 miles to the Timberhearth Restaurant
- About 25 miles to Vail Village
- About 17 miles to Beaver Creek Base Mountain
- About 15 miles to Beaver Creek Mountain via Arrowhead
- About 11 miles to Riverwalk in Edwards Town Center
Cordillera | Vail Valley, Colorado
Cordillera At Vail Information & Links:
Cordillera is an exclusive 7,000-acre gated community located on the hillsides of both the north and south sides of Edwards/Interstate-70. Cordillera is Vail Valley’s elite golf community with nearly known for its world-class golf courses, tennis, hiking, equestrian center, fishing, bike riding, skiing, fitness facilities, and Cordillera Lodge and Spa. Cordillera has four distinct neighborhoods, The Valley, The Divide, the Ranch and the Summit. The Valley is the only area located on the north hillside of Edwards and the remaining three are located up Squaw Creek Road on the South side of the Valley in Edwards. Edwards is conveniently accessible by both Denver & Vail/Eagle airports. Edwards is approximately 100 miles from Denver International Airport and 30 miles from Vail/Eagle Airport this location has access unsurpassed by other Colorado resort areas making it easier for its owners to take advantage of their second home. Although Cordillera has many second homeowners in the area, there are also many full-time local residents, and second homeowners that spend months or seasons at a time in the area.
Cordillera offers larger home sites and newer homes and estates than is available in much of the other areas of Vail Valley. The pristine nature of the Cordillera land is accented by picturesque views of valleys and mountain peaks and home to wildlife that herd through the areas. Cordillera attracts people that wish to take advantage of the summer months just as much as the winter. In addition to that, the homeowners in Cordillera are able to get more for their money in terms of both land and home. The price per square foot is significantly lower than if you were to purchase directly in the villages of Vail or Beaver Creek. This means that for the same cost, when purchasing in Cordillera you are able to get a larger, more private lot with a lot more square footage. Being close proximity to both Vail and Beaver Creek, Cordillera agrees with the lifestyle of one who wants pristine nature and vastness of land but also like close proximity to all the amenities of the Vail Valley.
Most known for its world-class golf courses, Nicklaus, Irwin, Fazio and Pelz combine their renowned design skills to create challenging and beautiful golf courses that sets the Cordillera club and community experience apart from any other in Colorado.
Cordillera is an idyllic location filled with winter indulgences but is also a year-round haven that includes three of the best golf courses in the Vail Valley and one of the best mixes of full-time residents and second homeowners in Colorado. If you are either a golf lover, a mountain lover, or both, this home is a must see for you. Within the Club At Cordillera there are three world-class golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Hale Irwin, & Tom Fazio. There is also the Beautiful David Peltz 10-hole Short Course (as it has only par 3’s and is perfect for honing your short game or playing a nice round with the family) and the Short Course is included with the social membership to the Club at Cordillera.
Not only does the entire area of Cordillera enjoy diverse amenities year round, the amenities closest to this home in the Valley Club mean that you don’t even need to leave the area to enjoy, golfing, dining, a great workout, or a day at the pool. The Cordillera community has both casual and gourmet restaurants for Cordillera owners and the general public to enjoy.
The Trailhead Clubhouse & Pool Complex is located in the Ranch area in Cordillera. This family-friendly facility includes tremendous amenities such as saltwater pools with supplemental ozone purification (main pool with slide, kids’ pool, and spa), playground, locker rooms, showers and more. Lifeguards are on duty during hours of operation. The Trailhead is open late May to mid-September weather depending and is available to Cordillera Club social members that live in the Valley Club.
The Trailhead offers extended pool hours to get the most out of the beautiful Colorado summer days. Cordillera Day Camp, also known as “Cordy Camp”, is held at the Trailhead Clubhouse & Pool Complex every summer and is perfect for kids and grandkids.
If you are looking for a change of pace to the Valley Club workout center, he Athletic Center at Cordillera provides a wealth of fitness and recreational opportunities as well as incredible views of the Gore Range. In the cardio room, users will find treadmills, elliptical machines, stair machines and stationary bikes all equipped with personal viewing stations. The weight room offers a wide range of strength training equipment. A separate multi-purpose fitness room is the site of many class offerings. Other amenities at ACC include a salt water pool and spa (with supplemental ozone purification), two outdoor tennis courts, two pickleball courts, comfortable locker rooms, showers and steam rooms. The athletic center is open year-round to Valley Club homeowners that have a Cordillera Club Social Membership and their families and guests.
In the heart of Cordillera sits a spectacular equestrian center that includes three indoor/outdoor riding arenas, boarding stalls with daily turn outs as well as outdoor living paddocks and training facilities.
Immerse yourself in the great outdoors and explore Cordillera’s approximately 7000 acres and miles of private and well-maintained trails for hiking or biking enthusiast and beginners alike. Many trails are adjacent to the National Forest, opening up another million or so acres to explore.
In the winter Cordillera turns from lush green and gorgeous flowers into a white winter wonderland. Members enjoy weekly ski clinics and clubs and Cordillera’s Nordic Center offers miles of groomed trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- Riverwalk In Edwards: Approximately 10 minutes or 9 miles (take in a movie, dine or shop in this bustling area)
- Vail Airport and Vail Jet Center: Approximately 30 minutes or 26 miles
- Vail Resort: Approximately 30 minutes or 24 miles
- Beaver Creek Resort: Approximately 20 minutes or 14 miles
- Denver: Approximately 120 miles
Many people have no idea of the vast range of options available to them in terms of seasonal or annual parking, ski lockers and the various club memberships that can make enjoying a home outside the heart of Vail & Beaver Creek a reality. Many are astonished when they find out how much home they would give up by pinning themselves to within the villages of Vail & Beaver Creek Resorts.
For example, consider the ‘Cordillera-optional’ Vail Gondola Club membership that is currently only a $5,000 initiation fee plus annual dues and provides every amenity you could want to make your ski day in Vail Village ideal. If you combine that with an annual parking space in Solaris or one of the other local parking areas, you can assure the ease of parking no matter what day of the year. The exclusive Vail Gondola Club is a 3,800 square foot facility located in the Vista Bahn Building in Vail Village. This handsome club offers a warm, welcoming retreat with extraordinary service, stunning views and exceptional access to the Vail Village.
Consider it your home away from home in Vail, providing a slopeside retreat complete with ski valet, equipment storage, beverage service and more – just steps away from “One,” Vail’s new Gondola. With a lavish lounge, luxurious hearth room and two private decks overlooking Vail Village, take pleasure in the relaxation and ambiance of the Vail Gondola Club. In addition to the unparalleled level of service that the offers, the following amenities can also be enjoyed:
- Complimentary ski shuttle service from the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera to the Vail Gondola Club
- Private/secured access to facility
- Luxurious hearth room and lounge
- Two private outdoor decks
- Private locker with guest privileges
- Ski/Snowboard rental and tune services available
- Complimentary continental breakfast and aprés ski service
- Equipment storage and Ski Butler service
- Boot drying
- Member laptop and free Wi-Fi access
- Three flat screen televisions
- Daily newspapers
Click here for the Vail Gondola Club website. You can also check out one of the other various memberships in the area ski resorts that inject a social component to your time in Vail as well as all of these other conveniences and amenities.